FAMILY MEDIATION TRAINING COURSES
Taking our full suite of courses allows you to become an Accredited or Certified Family Mediator. These courses have been accredited by the Ontario Association for Family Mediation as meeting all requirements. Some of the courses also have additional accreditation for other regulating bodies such as the Law Society of Ontario. The following courses have also been certified by the Saskatchewan Law Society for approved CPD hours as follows:
- Fundamentals of Family Mediation: 25 CPD hours, 1 of which are ethics.
- Screening for Power Imbalance and Domestic Violence: 19 CPD hours, 11.5 of which are ethics
- Advanced Family Mediation: 19 CPD hours, 2 of which are ethics
Please let us know, confidentially, if you have any accessibility needs? These needs may include accommodations for hearing or vision loss, specific hours of availability (as a result of medication/medical visits, etc.) If you think we should know so that we can be more helpful and accommodating, please tell us and we will do our best to assist.
Click on the links below to learn more about each course and don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like more information about this growing profession. We also offer a free information session on the last Monday of each month. More information about that can be found here.
COURSE 1: Fundamentals of Family Mediation
COURSE 2: Family Law for Family Mediators
COURSE 4: Advanced Family Mediation
COURSE 5: Family Relations
COURSE 6: Simulated Role Play
In addition to paying for your course, please complete the following Registration Form, following the instructions on where to send.
MEET OUR LEAD INSTRUCTOR
- Accredited Family Mediator, Elder Mediator and Child Protection Mediator, Ontario Association for Family Mediation
- Member of the Ontario Child Protection Mediation Roster
- Practiced Family Law for over 33 years, Certified in 2004 by the Law Society as a Specialist in Family Law
- President of Bridging Family Conflict, Mediation, and Information Services for the Ministry of the Attorney General in Essex County
- Member of Saskatchewan Early Dispute Resolution Panel
- Frequent Lecturer in Family Mediation trainings across Canada
CONTACT FOR INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION:
Family Mediation Training Canada acknowledges the work in the completion of this course material by Lene Madsen, now Justice Madsen of the Superior Court of Justice (Family Court).